CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Intergrating

I decided that after I met with the animal communicator at a pet show a month or so ago, I would integrate Faith into the lower half of the house. The first communicator I met with was SPOT ON. I sat down with a picture of Faith and her doggie siblings and the first thing she said while holding Faiths picture was "she wants to know why shes alone so much." That cut me to the core. While she was just living upstairs, she would yeowl and howl with misery at being left alone in the upstairs dungeon...where she had a warm bed to sleep on (mine), her scratching post AND her cat tower. But she wanted me. So I decided that while mom was away at work, I would secretly let her down stairs and integrate her into the rest of the family.

Things went very well! Of course she was ok with my dogs, but mom has two big rescue dogs and I didn't know how theyd react. LOL, turns out I had NOTHING to be afraid of. Faith ruled those dogs with just a few swipes of her paw. The dogs were curious, but she let them know where the line was drawn. It went great. So we exposed and exposed and I finally let her down when my mom was due to come home. Her first words were "what is that CAT doing down here????" (she is not only a non-cat person, she is anti-cat altogether. But Faith kept coming down, and sneaking and squeezing through the bars of my upstairs gate, now letting HERSELF out when she wanted.

So, here she sits, warming my lap and healing me, a little kitty angel, and, although I can only speak for myself, it seems that we are BOTH very happy with the relationship. Now, a fair warning. My moms dogs are big, but have very little prey drive...and Faith is not the running type, and those were both big players in the success of this experiment. If youre looking to introduce your four legged friends, please consult a professional (which I was) and do it slowly and safely. No one wants a disaster!!!!

So now we have a happy cat, slightly timid dogs, and no more crying from being lonely upstairs.

0 comments: