CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Side Sleeper

You know how people have a favorite position that they sleep in? Well, it turns out, so do cats. Faith is a side sleeper. No, that doesn't mean that she sleeps on her side (although she does, as well as on her back/upside down, on her belly when she "loafs", and sometimes, Im convinced, even when shes sitting up!) It means that she sleeps on MY SIDE. No, not BY my side (although she does at night~ she snuggles right into me and I kiss her fur and mush with her...) but she actually sleeps ON MY SIDE. Meaning, when Im sleeping on my right side, the left side that is "exposed", is a free for all. She starts by climbing up my legs, sits on my hip bones and needs my shoulder (which feels exceedingly good, btw...theres just something about a poly kneading you with those extra toes!) When shes finally done "softening me up", she lays down on my side, stretching from my hips, onto my belly and ribs, up to my shoulder.

Does anyone elses cat do this? She is sometimes a lap cat, but only in bed. She'll lay more on my stomach (after more kneading of course) when Im laying in bed, then actually get on my lap like a "normal" cat-like when Im sitting in a chair, or working on the computer.

I love my little weirdo =0) Its extremely pleasant, waking up and feeling her soft, warm weight on my side. Its like a security blanket. The only bad part is, when I have to roll over. She gets a little affronted when I ask her to please move and then RETURN to me, on my other side.

She is one unique cat, and I love every little thing she does; from side sleeping, to licking herself clean after I touch her, to letting me rub and scratch her belly. She is truly special, and I thank the heavens above that thy allowed ME to have this lovely little guardian in my life.

0 comments: