CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fun for Faith

Faith is usually a really laid back lady. She was, anyways! Since we've moved, and she has become an only cat, she has really blossomed and shown a lot more of her personality. She mostly relaxes during the day, either sleeping on my bed, in a sunny spot in her "speedway" (the hall-way) or sitting in her window enjoying the fresh air and sights. When we were living in my home in NH with the two other cats, Faith routinely tried (and succeeded) in getting outside. She was actually gone for a day in a half and I FREAKED. OUT. When she got out, she would usually be gone for a few hours during the day, but shes always been a cat who would come when called. Not this time. I had missing posters ready to go, but wanted to try calling her one more time. She came out from under our neighbors shed and RAN all the way home and into my arms. She was covered in ticks, but I was just grateful she was back. I was terrified I had lost her forever =0(

But as we went through the packing process, she got out less and less frequently, and when she did, she either came when called back, or would allow herself to be caught. Its like she knew we werent going to be there forever. Now that we moved, and she lives upstairs, she has no chance of getting out, but she does enjoy her window time. She will sometimes greet me from it when I get home, mewing the whole time telling me to hurry up and get in the house to pet her!

She has become QUITE the chatter box...its one thing saying hello from the window, but its quite another to be constantly meowing, chirping, mewing and yeowling! She gets especially vocal when I first get home, and when its feeding time. Her vocalizations range from quiet trills to loud, prolonged meows. I love it. I love talking back to her, because she always has to get the last word in!

She has also decided she likes to play. Ive been attending cat shows lately to learn more about them, and support our good friend who shows Himilayans and Persians. Ive picked up a few toys for her, with little to no luck. The best Ive found is "Da Bird", with the mouse attachment. She has to be in the mood, but she will play with it and likes the way it moves. But yesterday, I hit the jackpot. I was at another show, and said you know, its about time I tried a laser. I bought one and brought it home, wondering if she would pass this one up too...

She was in full ATTACK mode! She ran up and down and up the hallway (now known as her speedway) over and over. She would stalk, attack and try to catch that red dot any way she could. I was thrilled. She was tired. Now, after only having it a day, she knows the sound it makes (it has an attached key ring that jingles) and immediately vocalizes and comes running. Its really great seeing her having so much fun. Its just one more thing I really enjoy about her; she just keeps surprising me!

Our newest fun thing is going to be...showing! Ive decided to join TICA and show Faith in the "house hold pet" (HHP) division. I am joining TICA because they allow HHP's to gain championship points and titles (which CFA does not) and they will allow cats who have been declawed (which Faith has been) or having other "parts" missing; they truly enjoy having all cats compete because ALL cats are beautiful =0)

So stay tuned, because our show adventures should start soon. Expect full show reports and photos too. Oh, and what will be Faiths registered name be? Well, since shes recently found her very opinionated voice, her name will be "Little Gossip Girl" =0) What do you think??

0 comments: