CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Dwellers

Have you ever seen the show on Animal Planet called "My Cat From Hell"? Its hosted by a great feline behaviorist, Jackson Galaxy. He goes around and tries to help different families who are having issues with their kitty companions. A lot of the issues have to do with either aggression (towards human or other cat family members) or destructive behavior (mostly having to do with litter box issues and scratching). Ive learned A TON about cats from the show, as he explains everything hes doing, and the cats doing, very well. Its not just entertaining to watch the transformations of the cats with his help, but its also a great show to explain "why does my cat do that?"

One of Jackson's theories, is that a cat is either a "bush dweller" or a "tree dweller", and you can figure this out on your own about your own cat. Does your cat enjoy being up high, climbing on furniture and enjoying their cat tree or shelves? Or would your cat be more comfortable on the floor, either under the furniture or on low pieces?

I have figured out that my little darling, Faith, is a "bush dweller". She used to enjoy her cat tower immensely and could always be found in it, but this was when we were living in the other house with the other 2-3 cats and 4 dogs. Usually she would be up there after being chased by one of the boy cats (the dogs never chased the cats) or it would be time to eat. I think a lot of the time she spent up there was merely just to stay out of trouble. But now that she is on her own, and only has my 2 elderly shelties to worry about (who could care less about her, to be frank), she is mostly floor bound. She of course sleeps in my bed, and on me IN the bed; and she sits in my window sill, but sometimes she hides under the bed or under the furniture. She still eats in her cat tree and RUNS up it when its that time, but she doesn't spend hardly any time in it any more.

So, Ive come to the conclusion that buying her the AWESOME cat furniture from hauspanther.com would be a waste of money =0( But, I do like my "bush dweller" because shes always by my side. I feel like if she had more of an explorative nature, maybe we wouldn't be so close. We're very bonded and I like the fact that she waits for me at the top of the stairs or see her beautiful silhouette in the pre-dawn light while she is perched in my window when I wake up.

So knowing all of this, and maybe doing some research on your own, (this is a great article: http://consciouscat.net/2013/07/24/is-your-cat-a-tree-dweller-or-a-bush-dweller/) what do you think your furry friend is?

0 comments: